Can a child seat be used in the front passenger seat of a vehicle equipped with a passenger-side air bag?
A rear-facing child seat should never be used in the front passenger seat of a vehicle equipped with a passenger-side air bag.
The safest place for any child under the age of 12, whether in a child seat or not, is in the back seat. If it is absolutely necessary to place a forward-facing child seat in the front, be sure that the child and safety seat are properly secured and slide the front passenger seat as far back as possible on the seat track to maximize the distance between the child and the air bag. Please refer to your vehicle’s owner’s manual as well as the seat manufacturer’s instructions for more information.
Other FAQs you might also be interested in…
- I can’t get my Bluetooth® phone to work in my Subaru. What should I do?
- How do I know if my phone works in Subaru vehicles equipped with Bluetooth® technology?
- Which Subaru models have Bluetooth® technology?
- I would like to inform you regarding a mistake in a location or a missing location or street on my vehicle’s navigation system; how can I do this?
- How can I purchase an updated DVD for my Subaru’s navigation system?