Can I purchase a Subaru vehicle from the U.S.A. and import it into Canada?
Not all new USA Subaru vehicles are able to be imported into Canada because of differences in safety and emission regulations between Canada and the United States. Contact the National Registrar for Imported Vehicles 1-888-848-8240 or visit their website at www.riv.ca to obtain a list of eligible vehicles.
If you have a USA vehicle that is eligible to be imported into Canada you must first obtain a statement of recall clearance letter from Subaru of America. 1-800-782-2783
Please note that in order to obtain warranty repairs for 2008 and newer cars you will have the option of:
1. Returning to the United States to have the repair completed at no cost to yourself
2. Have the repair performed at a Canadian Subaru dealer and submit the invoice to Subaru of America for reimbursement
Other FAQs you might also be interested in…
- I can’t get my Bluetooth® phone to work in my Subaru. What should I do?
- How do I know if my phone works in Subaru vehicles equipped with Bluetooth® technology?
- Which Subaru models have Bluetooth® technology?
- I would like to inform you regarding a mistake in a location or a missing location or street on my vehicle’s navigation system; how can I do this?
- How can I purchase an updated DVD for my Subaru’s navigation system?