Fun, affordable and flexible: Subaru hatchbacks have it all!
This range of Japanese-engineered hatchbacks boasts a wealth of great features: stellar AWD handling, fuel-efficient and potent SUBARU BOXER engines, roomy interiors, 60/40-split flat-folding rear seats and available crossbars for greater cargo carrying capacity, and class-leading safety systems.
For the 2019 model year, the Subaru hatchbacks are compelling, capable, affordable and durable. From the stylish Subaru Crosstrek crossover to the sporty Subaru Impreza 5-door sport wagon, these compact hatches are hugely fun, functional and versatile.
The game-changing compact crossover
The 2019 Subaru Crosstrek is the compact crossover that drives as great as it looks. Built on the Subaru Global Platform, the second-generation Crosstrek is compact on the outside, but roomy on the inside. This super-stylish urban adventure vehicle leaves compromise in the dust with the versatility of Subaru for when those recreational pursuits take you off the beaten track. The Crosstrek is a 2019 IIHS Top Safety Pick+** (on models with EyeSight® and specific headlights).
- Stellar ground clearance – A massive 220 mm for clearing all sorts of obstacles!
- Generous cargo capacity – Up to 1565 L with the flat-folding rear seats flat-folded down!
- Strong towing capacity – Up to 680 kg to pull all types of weekend toys!
- Sparkling fuel efficiency – 10.5/8.1 City/Hwy (6-speed manual) and 8.8/7.2 City/Hwy (CVT)†
The compact hatchback that never sits still
Armed with the legendary Subaru Symmetrical Full-Time AWD system, a refined SUBARU BOXER® engine and the Subaru Global Platform, the 2019 Subaru Impreza is stronger, safer, more stable and more fun-to-drive than ever before. One of the most fuel-efficient AWD compact hatchbacks sold in Canada, the Impreza also features bold styling, great infotainment systems and surprising interior space — all with the incredible convenience of a hatchback. The Impreza is a 2019 IIHS Top Safety Pick+** (on models with EyeSight® and specific headlights).
- Desirable tech — Available 6.5 or 8-inch touchscreen, standard Bluetooth® connectivity, Apple CarPlay®, Android Auto and available SiriusXM satellite radio (subscription required).
- Exceptional safety — available EyeSight® Driver Assist Technology with High Beam Assist (HBA) and Reverse Automatic Braking (RAB).
- Great fuel efficiency — 10.1/7.7 (City/Hwy) for 5-speed manual; 8.4/6.6 (City/Hwy) for CVT†
- Superb driving dynamics – Sharp handling backed by all-road/all-weather Subaru Symmetrical Full-Time AWD.