Fun, affordable and flexible: Subaru hatchbacks have it all!
This range of Japanese-engineered hatchbacks boasts a wealth of great features: stellar AWD handling, fuel-efficient and potent SUBARU BOXER® engines, roomy interiors, 60/40-split flat-folding rear seats and available crossbars for greater cargo carrying capacity, and class-leading safety systems.
For the 2022 model year, the Subaru hatchbacks are compelling, capable, affordable and durable. From the stylish Subaru Crosstrek crossover to the sporty Subaru Impreza 5-door sport wagon, these compact hatches are hugely fun, functional and versatile.
The game-changing compact crossover
The 2022 Subaru Crosstrek is the compact crossover that drives as great as it looks. Built on the Subaru Global Platform, the second-generation Crosstrek is compact on the outside, but roomy on the inside. This super-stylish urban adventure vehicle leaves compromise in the dust with the versatility of Subaru for when those recreational pursuits take you off the beaten track. This is all the more true with the very rugged and capable Outdoor trim. The Crosstrek is a 2021 IIHS Top Safety Pick* (on models with EyeSight® and specific headlights).
- Incredible value - J.D. Power 2022 Canada ALG Residual Value Award – Best Residual Value among Subcompact Utility Vehicles1
- Stellar ground clearance – A massive 220 mm for clearing all sorts of obstacles!
- Superb Crosstrek connectivity – SUBARU STARLINK® Connected Services provides added safety, security, comfort and convenience to every drive.
- Generous cargo capacity – Up to 1565 L with the flat-folding rear seats flat-folded down!
- Strong towing capacity – Up to 680 kg to pull all types of weekend toys!
- Sparkling fuel efficiency – 2.0L 4-cylinder: 10.5/8.1 City/Hwy (6-speed manual) and 8.5/7.0 City/Hwy (CVT), 2.5L 4-cylinder: 8.8/7.0 City/Hwy (CVT)†
The compact hatchback that never sits still
Armed with the legendary Subaru Symmetrical Full-Time AWD system, a refined SUBARU BOXER® engine and the Subaru Global Platform, the 2022 Subaru Impreza is stronger, safer, more stable and more fun-to-drive than ever before. One of the most fuel-efficient AWD compact hatchbacks sold in Canada, the Impreza also features bold styling, great infotainment systems and surprising interior space — all with the incredible convenience of a hatchback. The Impreza is a 2021 IIHS Top Safety Pick* (on models with EyeSight® and specific headlights)
- Desirable tech — Available 6.5 or 8-inch touchscreen, standard Bluetooth® connectivity, Apple CarPlay®, Android AutoTM and available SiriusXM® satellite radio (subscription required).
- Exceptional safety — available EyeSight® Driver Assist Technology with High Beam Assist (HBA) and Reverse Automatic Braking (RAB).
- Terrific Impreza connectivity – SUBARU STARLINK® Connected Services provides added safety, security, comfort and convenience to every drive.
- Great fuel efficiency — 10.1/7.7 (City/Hwy) for 5-speed manual; 8.4/6.6 (City/Hwy) for CVT†
- Superb driving dynamics – Sharp handling backed by all-road/all-weather Subaru Symmetrical Full-Time AWD.